Urch Forums

2021 Sweat Thread

tm_member

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been a surprisingly quiet week for me. Was expecting 4/5 decisions and just got one. Anyone else on the same boat?

Same. I'm thinking next week will be relatively busy and by end of week we might see decisions from UNC, Vanderbilt, Pittsburgh, and interview invites from Rice. Based on numbers of gradcafe acceptances and last year's patterns I still think Minnesota may be sending out more decisions, and they haven't sent waitlists yet either (I don't think I'll receive an offer but holding out hope for a waitlist). There are many others of course that's just for the schools I have on my radar.

Any clue about Minnesota (just Econ)? They have rejections coming out now, but they have barely sent out any acceptances..

I am not paying too much attention to Minnesota because I did not apply there but I would not be shocked if they are done with acceptances, given that the last batch seems to be mostly unfunded (?). I guess that is an (cruel) alternative to WL?

Wonder what others think. I am concerned that the pile of GC acceptances might be thin if acceptances tank a bit and that some schools might be done already.

What do people mean by "expecting" decisions in this week? Is there some information about when results are released before they actually happen?

Yeah "expect" has to be understood loosely. You can look up on gradcafe like TheEconGuy10 said, also another user posted a while back about their shiny app that scraped gradcafe data, he didn't want it linked but if you google "shiny app gradcafe" it will come up first result. Easy way to look at when schools released decisions/rejections last year. Only a rough guide of course things change year to year.

Any ideas what's going on with Chicago? Saw a bunch of offers/rej on GC but still haven't heard back... I am not expecting to get in but still want to hear back ;(

FWIW Chicago has sent out the offer letters from the department, but from folks I know who got in, the official admissions portal update or whatever hasn’t come through yet.

Do you think another batch of answers will come tomorrow? There seems to be some calendar effect of Fridays on sending decisions. Also last year many schools sent replies around mid-February and this year some have sent results even earlier. Maybe I’m just very anxious but I’m kinda hoping to get more results tomorrow instead of waiting another week 😣

Do you think another batch of answers will come tomorrow? There seems to be some calendar effect of Fridays on sending decisions. Also last year many schools sent replies around mid-February and this year some have sent results even earlier. Maybe I’m just very anxious but I’m kinda hoping to get more results tomorrow instead of waiting another week 

I'm sure we're all hoping. Irvine came out last Friday afternoon... none of my schools have released decisions this week (except Minnesota? Sort of? I didn't hear anything) so it'd be a nice way to end the week to get clarity on at least one or two more programs.

• Erin featured this topic
  • Erin unpinned this topic