Urch Forums

2022 Sweat Thread

Erin

1 hour ago, proletariat said:

Any speculation when UCSB, Maryland and Pitt release their decisions?

About maryland, from what I could find on gc last year it was one of the last one 03/03. Also given that schools seem slower I am guessing around that time or later. PS: I could have the date wrong, only going by what i could find on gc

9 hours ago, Fred52 said:

AFAIK USC has been sending emails with interview requests to map actual interest in the program. Did you heard any accept/rejects from there? I think it should be reasonable to wait until early March given recent years...

Does anyone know if its standard for USC to invite to virtual/in-person open houses even if someone is not accepted/waitlisted?

Wow just checking into this site after so long. Regarding Harvard, I would be surprised if any results were out for Public Policy this week or next. I didn't receive my acceptance till second week of March, but that was back in 2018. It's also weird that a professor would call an applicant ahead of the admissions committee, but I guess stranger things have happened.

46 minutes ago, kot88 said:

Starting to think that the Harvard Econ acceptances yesterday were trolls. It seems very strange for them not to send any more acceptances today and just two yesterday lol

look, I am definetly not a troll, you can look at my previous messages. and as I said I know of someone that indeed passed yesterday. Can't be sure if its just a wave. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AnonFromFar said:

look, I am definetly not a troll, you can look at my previous messages. and as I said I know of someone that indeed passed yesterday. Can't be sure if its just a wave. 

Oh my bad! Didnt see your earlier messages, sorry. Do you mind sharing if your contact is one of the gradcafe posters in case they have revealed this info? Thank you for the info anyway!

And congrats to your friend!

Edited by kot88
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, kot88 said:

Oh my bad! Didnt see your earlier messages, sorry. Do you mind sharing if your contact is one of the gradcafe posters in case they have revealed this info? Thank you for the info anyway!

The contact is not one of the gc posters. Another info I got from a different source (have to be a little shady with this tho): There are some govt. institutions that typically place 2/3 students in harvard econ every year. No one has been accepted so far, so this seems to indicate that this might have just been a wave of early admits.

Edited by AnonFromFar
clarity

27 minutes ago, AnonFromFar said:

The contact is not one of the gc posters. Another info I got from a different source (have to be a little shady with this tho): There are some govt. institutions that typically place 2/3 students in harvard econ every year. No one has been accepted so far, so this seems to indicate that this might have just been a wave of early admits.

This is very interesting! Thank you so much for the good info. I just hope they have not again decided to have a very small cohort like last year.

On 2/8/2022 at 5:54 PM, rsgbz21 said:

Most people who posted on GC saying that they were admitted at UW mentioned that they received a fellowship. It might be the case that UW first sent acceptance letters for those who were selected for the fellowship, and will still send a second wave of admits with a lower stipend.  I think that Rochester followed the same pattern.

Moreover, I would wait to see waitlist results on GC before inferring an IR. Anyway, it is a just theory.  

Can confirm only first round offers have been made from UWM a full round is to follow in late feb/early march. (Spoke to an adcom member)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, anecongal said:

Can confirm only first round offers have been made from UWM a full round is to follow in late feb/early march. (Spoke to an adcom member)

Great! Is there any standard policy to politely inquire about further admission rounds when a first one has already been made?

Don't think there is a standard policy, but it would be best to hold off inquiring until getting an answer might affect some decision you're going to make. While everyone is understandably anxious, departments getting hundreds of inquiries just slows down getting responses out.

• Like 3

• Erin unpinned this topic