Urch Forums

2022 Sweat Thread

Erin

3 hours ago, user501 said:

Thanks so much! Ugh I have a strong profile , comparable to the really strong candidates that got passed to Kellogg, and solid connections there and did not get passed on to Kellogg but have not heard anything so I feel like if they didn’t want me they would have sent me to Kellogg????! But maybe I’m delusional ahahahahbaa

I have a hunch NW has only responded to applicants who have applied to a second choice program in Kellogg. I was rejected to NW and had applied to Kellogg finance as my second choice, however, my friend only applied to NW and has yet to receive any word about his application.

12 minutes ago, Marty McRy said:

I have a hunch NW has only responded to applicants who have applied to a second choice program in Kellogg. I was rejected to NW and had applied to Kellogg finance as my second choice, however, my friend only applied to NW and has yet to receive any word about his application.

Well, I can say this. I had a second choice program at Kellog (MEDs) and heard nothing back yet from the Econ department.

9 minutes ago, AnonFromFar said:

Well, I can say this. I had a second choice program at Kellog (MEDs) and heard nothing back yet from the Econ department.

It could just be a finance thing, since all the early dual applicant rejects seem to have chosen finance as their second choice program. But honestly, there's really no way to know for sure.

1 hour ago, lilac said:

It could just be a finance thing, since all the early dual applicant rejects seem to have chosen finance as their second choice program. But honestly, there's really no way to know for sure.

I honestly think this is whats going on. here is some more annecdotal evidence. In gc we've seen calls for interviews in the finance track but not the MEDs track, a while after they rejected some dual applicants and passed them on to Kellog. 

1 hour ago, lilac said:

Not sure about this. I listed Kellogg Finance as my second choice but haven't heard back from either program yet.

48 minutes ago, adfsagdf said:

Not sure about this. I listed Kellogg Finance as my second choice but haven't heard back from either program yet.

Folks, MEDs decisions are likely out, know someone that got an acceptance email today. So it looks like for those that didn't get passed on thats it. We are in the hands of Econ now.

Edited by AnonFromFar
typo

55 minutes ago, adfsagdf said:

And just to say...i think that it fits perfectly with you being someone that they are considering (at this point its hard to say whether Econ decided or not), but it makes sense that they kept profiles to review. It could be that there is a second round at Kellog if we get rejected at Econ, but I think thats highly unlikely judging by the timming of decisions in previous years.

26 minutes ago, AnonFromFar said:

And just to say...i think that it fits perfectly with you being someone that they are considering (at this point its hard to say whether Econ decided or not), but it makes sense that they kept profiles to review. It could be that there is a second round at Kellog if we get rejected at Econ, but I think thats highly unlikely judging by the timming of decisions in previous years.

Yeah I’m in the same boat. Applied to both and heard from neither. Hate the anticipation 

6 hours ago, AnonFromFar said:

I'm holding out the tiniest hope that this year is a bit different from other years due to the joint application which could lead to both departments doing multiple rounds but who knows at this point.

4 hours ago, phd22 said:

Aren't decisions a bit late this year? Could it be that there are more applications this year? 

Yes, I feel this way completely as I was expecting to hear from a school yesterday and was instead told in an email that all applicants will be notified by April 15th... I feel as though this is the deadline for students to make decisions and not for the schools, at least for their initial offers. 🤡

16 hours ago, prismaticrefraction said:

Yes, I feel this way completely as I was expecting to hear from a school yesterday and was instead told in an email that all applicants will be notified by April 15th... I feel as though this is the deadline for students to make decisions and not for the schools, at least for their initial offers. 🤡

Could you share which school this is?

Not sure if anyone here applied to Cambridge MPhil in Econ Research, but does anyone have any insight into how they release their decisions? There was a set deadline (not rolling admissions), and there seems to be no pattern to the decision results in terms of timing. There’s just been sporadic posts for both admits and rejections posted on GC. Not sure what to make of that…

Edited by econk
Spelling

42 minutes ago, econk said:

Not sure if anyone here applied to Cambridge MPhil in Econ Research, but does anyone have any insight into how they release their decisions? There was a set deadline (not rolling admissions), and there seems to be no pattern to the decision results in terms of timing. There’s just been sporadic posts for both admits and rejections posted on GC. Not sure what to make of that…

I applied last year and I don't think they released results sporadically, and they released decisions quite late (like April I think?). It sounds like they're doing it differently this year though, so that's probably not much use for you. You might have more luck finding Cambridge applicants on the student room

Edited by Dommull
Clarity
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dommull said:

I applied last year and I don't think they released results sporadically, and they released decisions quite late (like April I think?). It sounds like they're doing it differently this year though, so that's probably not much use for you. You might have more luck finding Cambridge applicants on the student room

Don't know if I can help much, but I applied to the PhD program and was accepted on the 3rd of feb and someone else posted on gc that they were accepted on the 4th of feb. It was an informal acceptance email as they still need to process my application and I am guessing the other person was probably in the same boat. they said my official acceptance will be out in a couple of weeks. I had an interview quite a while back (mid jan) and at that time someone else also posted they had an interview in gc. I think judging by this that they do make their decisions at the same time. Still that doesn't mean MPhil decisions are out.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 4:12 PM, MujR said:

About Notre dame interview:

I don’t think the subtext is correct! They may have sent interview invitations based on field of interest/submisison date/ alphabetical order! 

but then again, given how things are going, it is better to be pessimistic! 😞

What makes you think so? It seems to be a department-wide email that i received and not a field-wide email. And they clearly said first round of finalists. I'd assume submission date is already considered. Alphabetical order (of name) is probably a long stretch. 😞 

14 hours ago, fbgdr434 said:

What makes you think so? It seems to be a department-wide email that i received and not a field-wide email. And they clearly said first round of finalists. I'd assume submission date is already considered. Alphabetical order (of name) is probably a long stretch. 😞 

Well I thought interviews do not take place like this. Like first priority, second priority and so on. But yeah let's see. 

Seems like Minnesota econ is out too. I guess 4 implicit rejections already. Tough times

7 minutes ago, MujR said:

Well I thought interviews do not take place like this. Like first priority, second priority and so on. But yeah let's see. 

Seems like Minnesota econ is out too. I guess 4 implicit rejections already. Tough times

Well, tough times going on for a few years! Still don't know is it a good decision to just apply to doctoral programs. Anyone know any funded masters econ programs? 

• Erin unpinned this topic